• The water mains were wooden logs with holes bored into them.
  • An old photo of the Chicopee Water Works Treatment Plant on Fuller Road.
  • The pumping station and standpipe were erected in 1886.
  • The small and large standpipes were built in 1893 and 1919, respectively.
  • The Cooley Brook Reservoir was completed in 1893 with a capacity of 5 million gallons.
  • The water plant consisted of an aerator, settling basin, 8 rapid sand filters, and clear water well.
  • The Chicopee Water Department Garage was built in the 1930s.
  • The Abbey Reservoir became the main supply source for Chicopee.

Show previous set of thumbnails

Show next set of thumbnails

◄ Back to Historic Water Department Photos photos