OPEE Summer Adventures
OPEE Summer Adventures
2021 OPEE Update (as of March 31):
The Parks Department will be having OPEE Summer Adventures program for 2021. It will be just for Chicopee residents this summer. There will be many changes to the program this year including limited number of participants, weeks, a new safer location and more. Updates will be made here and our Facebook page. If you have not liked our Facebook page (Chicopee Parks and Recreation) yet, please do so as most up to date information will be on there.
All signups this year will be on our www.chicopeerec.com website. If you have not yet created an account on that website, please do so. At this time we are putting new information on that site in hopes of it going "live" soon.
The following is under construction:
Sign up information:
The provided health forms, or one similar to those from a doctor, MUST be turned in as soon as possible and must cover the entire time a child is at the program. Without one, a child is not permissible to go to OPEE.
OPEE Summer Adventures 2021 will run from ___________, and is a very popular summer day program which operates for 7 sessions (Monday-Friday) for boys and girls ages 5-13. Five-year-olds must have completed kindergarten. The program is held at Fairview Memorial Elementary School. Daily activities include (to name a few):
- Arts and crafts
- Program-wide activities
- Field trips
- Organized games and sports
- Spray Park and playgrounds
Hours of Operation
OPEE Daily Hours:
OPEE Session Dates
OPEE Summer Adventures Fees
Fees cover all the activities, a T-Shirt, a daily lunch and snack, arts & crafts, spray pool, trips to swimming pools, special programming, and field trips are all included.
One program T-shirt will be given out this year and it must be worn on field trip days. They must be picked up by a parent or guardian at the 687 Front St. office prior to the beginning of the first session.
Resident Fees ~ 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Session 2-7 $175/child/session/1st child
Session 1 (four days) $140
Non-Resident Fees ~ 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Session 2-7 $225/child/session
Session 1 (four days) $180
Pre and Post Program Fees
Each Session: $20 per child (pre register at signup or at Parks Department)
$5 daily fee on site registration (fee given at pre/post table)
Late Pick up fees: A $5 late fee will be applied and charged if a child
is not picked up at the expected time.
* Children who aren't fully paid can not be sent early to Fairview or stay late without payment the morning of. There are no exceptions *
OPEE Adventures is held at the Fairview Veterans Memorial Elementary School which is located off Britton and Montcalm streets in the Fairview section of Chicopee. The school is utilized as our indoor facility with a:
- Kitchen/food storage facilities
- Large cafeteria
- Music/drama stage
- Art room
- Ball fields
- Full spray park for water enjoyment
- Large play field for group activities
- Two Playground areas
- Tennis courts
Change of Location
The OPEE Adventures staff consists of skilled and personable leaders of proven talent who will bring out the best qualities of our participants. Our staff consists of:
- A Recreation Supervisor
- A Director
- 2 Assistant Directors
- Senior and Junior Counselors
- Sports and Arts and Crafts Specialists
There are numerous activities and suitable recreation programs that will promote a well-rounded environment to match and enhance participant's abilities and interests as well as introduce them to new and enjoyable experiences and fun! The creative arts portion of the participant's weekly activity schedule includes:
- Arts and crafts
OPEE Field Trips
- All program registrations are done in person on a first-come, first paid basis. No mail/phone in registrations will be accepted.
- If paying by check, all checks must be made to the order of the CITY OF CHICOPEE with a telephone # on the check & OPEE Summer Adventures listed in the memo.
All returned checks will be assessed a $25 service fee
- A 50% deposit of the total balance is due at the time of registration. All sessions must be PAID IN FULL by Friday, May 22. Failure to pay in full by this date may result in the application being removed from the program.
*New Signups from May 26 on must be paid in full at the time of sign up*
- Once the program begins and a cancellation occurs due to sickness/injury (with doctors note) a full refund will be submitted. All other cancellations from Friday, May 8 and on, other than illness/sickness will result, in a $25 cancellation fee (per session).
Important Parent Information
- In addition to filling out the 2020 registration form at the office, and OPEE enrollment forms, parents are required to turn in a completed Chicopee Parks Dept. medical or similar doctor's form prior to the child's starting of the program.
-Children CAN'T attend the program without these forms or without full payment
- Falsification of information (i.e age/date of birth, residency) on the registration form will result in immediate dismissal from the program.
- Groups during the summer are formed by age. If you have any requests it MUST be noted on the child's registration form. Please note that these are requests and all of them may not be fulfilled based on our numbers. No changes will be made to groups during the summer. No requests for children that are not of the same age.
- If an emergency arises and you need to contact your child during the program's hours, please contact the Parks Dept. at 594-3481 and we will relay any messages.
- Participants must wear sneakers and socks daily. All children will receive an OPEE T-Shirt which must be worn on the day of field trips. Each child should also bring the following with them to the program: swimsuit, towel, hat, sunscreen and sweater/jacket on appropriate days. Please label all belongings!
6. Lunches, beverages, and snacks will be provided on a daily basis. Refrigeration
facilities are available for those children who prefer to bring their own lunch and/or
7. Please ensure that your child does not bring valuables to the program i.e toys,
money, radios, cell phones, game systems or other personal items. These items if
seen will be taken and handed back at the end of the day.
8. Pictures or videos taken while at OPEE Summer Adventures may be used for
future brochures, slide shows, and/or newspaper publicity unless advised otherwise.
For further information on the program please contact Dan Woodill,
Recreation Supervisor, at 594-3481, extension 105.