What if I move to another state?
If a motor vehicle owner moves out of Massachusetts and registers their vehicle in another state and cancels their Massachusetts registration or does not renew their Massachusetts registration, they can file an application for the portion of the year after the registration was cancelled. It is necessary for the person who moved out of state to cancel the registration in Massachusetts and obtain a plate return receipt.

Show All Answers

1. Who should file excise tax abatement?
2. When should I file an excise abatement application?
3. Where can I get an application for abatement of motor vehicle?
4. Should I pay the excise before filing an abatement application?
5. What if the excise abatement is denied?
6. What if I move to another Massachusetts community?
7. What if I move to another state?
8. What if I sell my vehicle?
9. What if I transfer my plates to another vehicle?
10. What if my vehicle is traded?
11. What if my vehicle is stolen?