The Transportation Department at RiverMills Center is doing rides to supermarkets, pharmacies, and doctor’s appointments. Transportation hours of operation are now Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 3 PM. Transportation can be reached at 536-5733.
• Rides are available for: medical/dental, shopping, pharmacy, banking and anywhere in Chicopee.
• All rides require a reservation. Rides must be requested at least 3 to 5 business days prior to your appointment.
• If no one answers the Transportation phone, please leave a voice message and someone will call you back as soon as possible, and no later than the next business day.
The following information is required to make a medical/dental appointment:
• Your name, phone number, and address
• Date and time of your appointment
• Doctor’s name, phone number, and complete street address
• Rides outside of Chicopee are to a limited area, primarily to medical offices at:
o Baystate Medical Center and the Main St. Springfield physician office buildings
o Mercy Hospital and physician offices
o Holyoke Medical Center and physician offices
o Parts of Riverdale St. West Springfield
o Raymond Center in South Hadley
o Inform us if you need a wheelchair van
The Chicopee Council on Aging receives Federal Older Americans Act Funding from local Area Agency on Aging, West Mass Elder Care, the State Executive Office of Elder Affairs, and the Federal Administration for Community Living.
The RiverMills Center Transportation Department follows the state safety standards for public transportation during COVID-19. Until further notice, passengers and drivers must wear a mask while inside a COA vehicle. Hand sanitizer is provided.
The Transportation Department continues to offer van trips to grocery and other stores on Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Appointments can be made to go to: Big Y, Stop & Shop, Price Rite, Job Lot, Walmart or ask us about another store you may want a ride to.
Passengers are limited to carrying a total of four bags each on these shopping trips. A voluntary confidential donation of $2 is encouraged. This service is through a grant from WestMass Elder Care.
As always, you must book a trip at least a week inadvance by calling 536-5733. Please understand there is a 15– minute window for pick up and drop off times.
Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer driver should call the Transportation office for details.