DEPARTMENT OF Human Resources
Making a Difference!
-Chicopee's HR Team of Experts-
Duties & Responsibilities
The Department of Human Resources is committed to providing the City of Chicopee's municipal employees with a safe, positive and productive work environment.
The HR Department responsible for (but not limited to):
- Recruiting and hiring to meet the needs of vacancies within the City
- Responding to the needs of the City's workforce through compliance, strategic planning, and workforce education and development
- Addressing City HR issues in an objective, supportive, and fair manner
- Administering the City's policies, procedures, and best practices
- Updating, maintaining, distributing and enforcing workplace conduct guidelines and municipal policies
- Maintaining positive, equitable, safe, and productive work environment
- labor relations and civil service management
- Resolving workplace conflicts, promoting service, compliance, and inclusion
- Maintaining regulatory compliance
- Providing employees and stakeholders with third-party guidance and/or support
- Scheduling activities to promote teamwork, cooperation, continuous improvement, and progressive development
If you are interested in a position with the City of Chicopee, please check out the Chicopee Careers page for current opportunities or call the Department of Human Resources directly.