Water Pollution Control
Duties & Responsibilities
The mission of the Water Pollution Control Facility is to protect the rivers and streams that are in or near the City of Chicopee. The department does this by:
- Maintaining the sewer and drain systems
- Maintaining the flood control system
- Monitoring industrial waste water
- Storm water pollution prevention
- Treating the collected sewage
Without access to a sustainable water supply, our community is at risk. Service disruptions for failing or inadequate wastewater infrastructure directly impacts medical facilities, schools, daycares, and firehouses, just to mention a few. Nearly every aspect of our lives is connected to water. Without clean water services, our lives would stop.
The Collections System division of Water Pollution Control maintains and operates over 200 miles of public sewer and drain lines!